This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accept this policy and agree to such collection, storage and use the moment you sign up for or use our products, services or any other features, technology or functionality that we offer when you access our website or by any other means (collectively "the UGREEN Services"). We may change this policy at any time by posting a modified version on our website. The new version will become valid as soon as it is made available on the website. Furthermore, if the new version has significant changes, we will notify you 30 days in advance by posting the notice of the change on the "Policy Updates" page of our website. After this 30-day prior notice, it will be considered that you agree to all amendments made to this policy.
Important: Opt-out Policy
The user of our services may at any time choose to stop receiving notifications from our website. To do so, simply send an email to email@example.com stating your desire to no longer receive any kind of notification, or simply click on the 'remove' or 'unsubscribe' link contained at the end of every email we send.
How we collect information about you
Whenever you visit the UGREEN website or use UGREEN Services, we collect your IP address and standard web access information such as your browser type and the pages you have accessed on our website. If you sign up to our website, we will collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone number, email address, Skype user name and other similar information.
- Payment information - the bank account and credit card numbers you provided when you purchased a paid product or service from UGREEN.
Before allowing you to use UGREEN Services, we may require that you provide additional information that we may use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, national identification number, nationality and other identifying information.We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as credit centers and identity verification services. Whenever you use UGREEN Services, we will collect information about your transactions and other activities on our website or when you use UGREEN Services and we may collect information about your computer or any other device you may use, in order to prevent fraud. Finally, we can collect additional information from and about you through other means, such as contacts with our customer support team, results of your responses to a survey, interactions with members of the UGREEN corporate family and other companies.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a particular person and can be used to identify that person. We will not consider as personal information information that must remain anonymous so that it does not identify a particular user. We store and process your personal information on our computers and protect it under physical, electronic and procedural security measures. We use computer security measures such as firewalls and data encryption, limit physical access to our buildings and files, and authorize access to personal information only for employees who need it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. To do so, we use your personal information to:
- provide the requested services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notifications about your transactions;
- solve disputes, collect fees and solve problems;
- prevent prohibited or illegal activities and ensure the enforcement of our User Agreement;
- customize, assess and improve our services, content and website layout;
- send targeted marketing materials, service update notifications and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information, for greater accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive our marketing mailings or participate in our ad personalization programs, simply express your preference by sending us an email or simply click the unsubscribe link provided in all emails we send.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of UGREEN's corporate family to provide content, products and joint services (such as registration, transactions and customer support) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to cooperate in decisions regarding their products, services and communication. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Contract service providers who assist our business operations; (fraud prevention, collection activities, marketing, technology services). Our contracts stipulate that these service providers must only use your information in regard to the services they perform for us, and must not use for their own benefit.
- Police authorities, government officials or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order or any other legal procedure,
- we need to do this in order to comply with laws or credit card association rules,
- we are cooperating with an ongoing police investigation,
- we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or instructions to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be located in other countries where the legislation on processing of personal information is less strict than in your country. In cases where our company and a partner jointly promote our Services, we may disclose to the partner certain personal information such as name, address and username of the persons who signed up for our Services as a result of the joint promotion for the sole purpose of enabling us and the partner to evaluate the results of the promotion. If that is the case, personal information may not be used by the partner for any other purpose, UGREEN will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of business and will only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. If you sign up on the UGREEN website directly on a third party website or through a third party application, any information entered on that website or application (and not directly on a UGREEN website) will be shared with the owner of that website or application - and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
ugreen.com.br, Av. Anita Garibaldi, 850 Sala 607-B, Curitiba, PR Brazil
phone number: +55 41 98413-7279